Saturday, November 14, 2009

Newborn must-haves

Here are my "must-haves" for a new baby. :)

  1. Movement monitor- I am embarrassed to admit I need to this, but the peace of mind and SLEEP and saved time getting up to check on baby are worth it!
  2. BFing pillow- couldn't do it without this!
  3. Breast pump- this is only $34! and is Medela, which is the best brand. If you are pumping more than once a day, though, you might want to invest in their electric one. (over $200)
  4. Swaddlers!- No matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get the receiving blankets to swaddle him as well as my husband could. Plus, they outgrow them. These things are so easy. This kind is good too.
  5. Gagou Tagou socks- These are at toysrus. They don't fall off! They are really cheap too.
  6. Pacifiers! You cannot have enough of these. And don't let anyone make you feel guilty for using them. How do parents parent w/o them? :) My baby & I like these.
  7. We are using these cloth diapers. They are pricey, but I did the math, and, compared to disposables, and you save about $2,000!
I will add more as he hits the different stages. :)

No comments: