Monday, February 12, 2007

Cleaning Day

I know this sounds huge, but if you take care of other stuff on their perspective days, you don't have to clean the whole house in one day. This is what I do:
  • Dust 1 room of the house
  • Clean bathroom- kids can clean theirs- I actually clean 1/2 my bathroom every week. I do toilet & bathtub one week and floor, sink, counter, mirror the next week. I may be a slacker, but this works for me. :)
  • Vacuum- my husband does this, because I hate vacuuming! :)
  • Sweep entry way (& mop if necessary)
  • Go through the house & put things that are out of place where they belong. I only do rooms that aren't covered on other days- the living room, dining room table, and beside our bed are our hot spots. You may have different ones. If this seems an impossibly huge task, because you are so far behind, then set a timer for 15 minutes and do it for that long. As you do this once a week, your house will slowly get back in order. Only worry about things that are out in the open for this. Deep organization is part of the yearly plan.

No comments: