Saturday, March 3, 2007

Town Day

Having a day set aside to run errands is based on the days when people lived on farms and could only afford to go "to town" once a week. I live 3 minutes from Kroger and 5 minutes from Wal-Mart, which is nice. However, it is still easier to run errands all on one day than to go out whenever you think of something you need. It saves gas, and having a plan saves money at the store.

I go to
  • The bank
  • The post office or kwik kopy, if needed
  • The grocery store
  • Buy gifts and do any other shopping that needs to be done.
  • Drop off movies, library books, Goodwill items, & dry cleaning.

  • Before you leave, remember to gather coupons, lists you made on Office Day, and stuff to return and drop off.
  • If you have kids, try to schedule lessons or practices for this day. That way, you can drop them off and run your errands while they are at their lessons.
  • I didn't mention HEB earlier, because it is a little further, but I do all my big grocery shopping there, because it is the best store E-ver! My brother works at their corporate office and has been really impressed with the way they run the business. They treat their employees very well (on all levels), and are family friendly. The CEO is also a Christian. Plus, it is just high quality.
  • On another note, I do not see how moms shop with small children. If you do it, HOW? Leave a comments, please, because this does not sound like fun to me.

No comments: