I have been looking for a plan to get all those chores done that need to be done, but not that often. You know, like dusting blinds, vacuuming the car, decluttering clothes in my closet. I combined several plans I had seen online to create one that worked for me. I set aside a theme for each month of the year and started plugging these types of chores into each month, wherever they fit best. My goal is to spend 15 minutes a day on the list, 5 days a week, so I put about 20 items into each month. Hopefully, this will motivate me be better about deep cleaning, de-cluttering and other miscellaneous chores! I am going to post my list each month. Maybe this will help someone else.
January is "Office Month"
- Gather tax documents
- Put together & mail tax documents to accountant
- Delete/organize emails
- Backup computer files onto external hard drive (pictures!)
- Defragment computer, delete cookies & temporary internet files
- Update virus software
- Uninstall computer programs you no longer use
- Clean computers
- Go through & purge old files (actual paper files)
- Organize files
- Go through paper piles
- Revise budget
- Revise or add giving to the budget
- Restock birthday cards into planner. Add birthdays to calendar.