This is my favorite! OK, I know I'm weird, haha. At times, this task can become tedious, but there is just a freeing feeling you get from tossing things you no longer need, creating space, and organizing!
The list below tells you what to declutter, but how do you do it? There are many books on the subject, some going into great detail, but here is a simple approach. Grab a trash bag and 2 laundry baskets. Clear out the area. Then go through everything and sort...
trash- into trash bag
give away or sell- one laundry basket
goes in another room- the other laundry basket
then organize everything else as you put it back in! Purchase some organizational tools if you need to. Keep it simple. :) Don't worry; you have 2 months to do it.
- underneath master bed
- purge accessories in closet, including shoes
- medicine cabinet
- make list of clothes needed
- kid #1's clothes- put away small ones
- kid #2's clothes
- any other kids?
- make list of kids' clothes needed
- kids' toys
- makeup- clean brushes too
- craft supplies & educational supplies (mostly kids' stuff)
- magazines & books
- linen closet
- kids' bathroom
- clean off nightstand
- CD's, DVD's, & board games
- cleaning supplies
- gift wrapping supplies
- office drawers
- office desk
- rest of office
- sort through one "mystery box"- don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about...
- sort through another "mystery box"
- living room closet
- scrapbook supplies (or other crafts/hobbies you do)
- baby items