Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekly Management Plan

Before I had a home management plan, I just took care of things when I wanted or when an area got so bad I could hardly stand it anymore. I also felt guilty every time I would pass by something that I knew needed to be done. "I have been meaning to do that several times now, but I don't have time right now," I would say to myself. Have you been there? I got ideas for my plan from Large Family Logistics and FlyLady. You can find their links on my homepage.

The plan is based on 3 things, a daily routine, a weekly routine, and a yearly routine.
Start with your weekly routine. LFL suggests having a day each week in which you focus on a specific area.
Here is my plan: (You can adjust it based on your schedule and what you need to do.)
Monday- Laundry Day
Tuesday- Office Day
Wednesday- Cleaning Day
Thursday- Town Day
Friday- Kitchen Day
Saturday- Yard day
Sunday- Rest day

If I notice something on Monday that needs to be done in the kitchen, I don't stress about it or feel guilty. I know it will get taken care of on Friday. This gives direction to my day, so I am not running around from thing to thing, feeling I have accomplished nothing at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Jason Soles said...

leave it to you to plan everything to a T